Technology has been quickly evolving into many markets such as clothing, food, health, home, and hotels are certainly no exception. As the industry is disrupted by more privatized options such as Airbnb and VRBO, Bloomberg reports that technology has become “top of mind for hotels,” as they seek to compete by providing amenities and new services for luxury vacationers and business travelers. Many hotels are adopting technology that enables more engaging, customized and immersive guest experience; these systems have become a Trojan Horse for the hotel industry to embrace higher-tech sustainability practices.
Conservation is being increasingly embraced in hospitality, and it’s proving to be important to guests; a survey by Bouteco shows that “the youngest and oldest among us care most about sustainability when choosing a hotel.”
This is an excerpt from an article originally published by Sustainable Brands.
Latest posts by Sustainable Brands (see all)
- Sharing best practice at European Ecotourism Conference in Tbilisi – 06/09/2018
- Guatemala set to host the first Central American community-based tourism event – 02/09/2018
- Greece: new European destination victim of overtourism? – 20/07/2018
- New report looks to engage travellers and take sustainable tourism mainstream – 18/07/2018
- Will we Instagram our way to total destruction? – 11/07/2018