From October 25th to 28th, Fundación Travolution Internacional will host the first Central American Community- Based Tourism Event (ECATC), taking place in San Cristóbal El Alto, Guatemala.
The aim of the event is to gather entrepreneurs and leaders of community tourism in Central America, travel agencies, tour operators and representatives of academic, public and private sector.
Camilo Alvarado, member of Fundación Travolution Internacional, affirms that “the objective of ECATC is to promote the exchange of experiences and to co-create the Central American Community Tourism Network. We want to showcase this type of tourism and provide a space to create commercial alliances and collaborative networks”.
Over the two days, community tourism leaders and visionaries will share their experiences and good practices. This is in effort to highlight the transformative power of tourism to promote sustainable communities, social innovation and rural entrepreneurship.
In addition to the exchange of real experiences and the creation of commercial spaces and strategic alliances, there will be intercultural side events where all attendees can learn about the vast array of cultures of Central America.
ECATC has the support of the Government of Guatemala, the Secretary of State of the United States of America and the World Environment Centre, the INGUAT, and the CAT of Sacatepequez.
There is still time to register for the event. You can find more information directly at this link.
Latest posts by Travindy (see all)
- How a 19th-Century British economist can explain today’s challenges in sustainable travel and hospitality – 08/10/2018
- How are New Orleans and Las Vegas coping with overtourism? – 08/10/2018
- Regenerative Tourism will be the key topic of Convergence 2018 – 24/09/2018
- Guatemala set to host the first Central American community-based tourism event – 02/09/2018
- New report looks to engage travellers and take sustainable tourism mainstream – 18/07/2018